Soya Methi Masala ( Soya Roti and Subzi)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 61 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 33324 times
A low calorie subzi for health freaks! This subzi is a double dose of health as it is not only low cal but also made using soya oil, soya granules, fenugreek etc. which are high in vitamin A and calcium. Low fat milk (99.7% fat free) is easily available in the market, however you can make skimmed milk (low fat milk) at home by boiling the milk and removing the cream; repeat this twice and your skimmed milk is ready. Milk helps to pep up the flavour of this dish as well as moistens the subzi. Relish it hot with phulkas, page 19 for a hearty low calorie fare. If the subzi becomes dry after some time, add milk and reheat.
- Heat the soya oil in a non-stick kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and ginger-green chilli paste and sauté till the onions turn light brown in colour.
- Add the soya granules and fenugreek leaves and sauté for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, garam masala and salt, mix well and cook for 1 minute. Sprinkle a little water if the mixture becomes dry.
- Add the green peas and milk, mix well and cook for another minute.
- Serve hot garnished with tomatoes and coriander.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.