Soya Masti By sachin
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4972 times
Soya Masti is a savory dish prepared from soya nuggets or soya chunks. The healthy soya chunks are stir fried with an array of dried spices, garnished with chopped coriander leaves and served with masala rice and raita. A nutritious main course or a nice tangy snack item.
- Beat the curds in little water.
- Grind garlic,ginger,pudina,green chillies,garam masala powder and salt to a fine paste.
- Add this paste to the beaten curds and soak the entire soya chunks in this mixture.
- Note that soya should not be washed or soaked in water before adding to the mixture of curds.
- Keep this mixture aside for atleast 5 hours till the chunks soak the curds and the masalas.
- After the marination is done, transfer the mixture to a closed container and take 4-5 whistles in the pressure cooker.
- Now when ready to serve heat oil in a kadhai ,add the cut onion to it and stir it till golden brown.
- Add the entire soya to this.
- Do not throw the liquid from the soya container but empty it in the kadhai.
- Let it cook for some time.now add the dry masalas like dhaniya jeera-powder,chilli powder and amchur powder.
- Check the salt.check the consistancy of the liquid in the kadhai. if you prefer little thick gravy consistency,then trun off the gas or else keep stirring till the liquid has entirely dried up.
- Turn off the gas and add lemon juice and garnish it with chopped onion and finely chopped fresh coriander.
- Serve hot with masala rice and raita.
This recipe was contributed by sachin on 18 Oct 2000
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.