Soya Mango Falooda
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 43 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18455 times
The goodness of soya and richness of mangoes is locked in this delicious dessert. Mangoes perfectly help to mask the flavour of soya.
- In a bowl, combine the milk powder and cornflour with 1 tbsp cold soya milk and keep aside.
- Boil the remaining milk in a non-stick pan. When it starts boiling add the milk powder and cornflour mixture while stirring continuously.
- Simmer for 5 to 7 minutes till the milk thickens and starts coating the back of the spoon. Keep aside to cool.
- To the cooled mixture add the mango purée, cream, sugar substitute, lemon juice and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into an aluminium vessel, cover it and place in the freezer for 3 to 4 hours.
- Once the mixture has set, remove from the freezer and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Pour into the same vessel again, cover and place it in the freezer.
- Mix the cornflour in 1 cup of water to make a smooth mixture.
- Cook the mixture in a pan on a slow flame for 8 to 10 minutes while stirring continuously until the mixture becomes translucent.
- Put the mixture in a 'sev press' or squeeze by hand through the sieve into a vessel, which is filled with chilled water and ice-cubes. Divide into 4 equal portions and keep aside. This falooda sev must be preserved in water till required.
- Just before serving divide the ice-cream into 4 equal scoops and keep aside.
- In a serving bowl, add ½ tsp of the soaked garden cress seeds, 1 portion of falooda sev and 1 tbsp of mango purée.
- Pour ¼ cup milk and place a scoop of the mango ice-cream on it.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more servings.
- Serve immediately.
- 2 ripe mangoes give approximately 1 cup mango purée.
Nutrient values per serving
|Fat|| 2.4 gm.|
|Energy|| 176 cal.|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.