This recipe has been viewed 3199 times
Khaman dhokla and sev khamni..Amiri khaman is very famous and popular gujarati snack which is made from chana dal or from gram flour, but here is something different type of khamni yet very healthy and tasty made from soya bean and chana dal which is full of protein.
- Wash and soak soyabeans in enough water for 10 hours.
- Wash and soak chana dal in enough water for 4-5 hours.
- Drain and crush soyabeans and chana dal separately in a mixer to little thick batter.
- Combine soyabean and chana dal mixture in a bowl, add 4-5 tsp curd, 2 tsp gram flour, mix well and keep aside to ferment for 7-8 hours.
- Add the salt, turmeric powder, ginger-green chilli paste and 4 to 5 tsp oil and mix well.
- Pour the batter in a greased thali to make little thick layer.
- Sprinkle the chilli powder and black pepper powder.
- Steam in a steamer for 10 minutes or till cooked.
- Cool and cut into pieces. Keep aside.
- For tempering, heat oil in non stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seed crackle, add the asafoetida and green chilli and pour this tempering on dhokla.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander leaves.
- Change water for atleast 3-4 times in soaking time of soyabeans to remove toxins.
- You can serve this dish as chat also, for that crumbles the dhokla, add curd, green chutney and sev and serve as chat.
This recipe was contributed by LOPA SHAH on 29 Aug 2011Hi
I,am LOPA staying at Vile Parle with my parents.By profession I'am an Advocate.I like music,watc...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.