Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6244 times
A healthy breakfast item, soya dalia is loaded with proteins, fiber and a great taste. The cracked wheat is roasted and
- Heat the oil in a pan and add mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add curry leaves, onions, chana dal, urad dal and ginger garlic paste and saute till the dals become golden brown.
- Add the vegetables, salt, red chilli powder and garam masala and saute on a medium flame for 2 mins.
- Drain the excess water from soya granules and add them and saute again for 2 mins.
- Add 2 cups of water and bring it to a boil.
- Add the daliya slowly to the pan while continuously stirring so that no lumps are formed.
- Cover and cook on a slow flame for 8 - 10 minutes.
- Uncover the daliya, increase the flame and cook till the water has dried and the consistancy is like of upma.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by vishakha_p on 01 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.