Soya Chunks Curry
by Lakshmi P
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 20590 times
Soya Chunks are rich in fiber and proteins and has a lot of health benefits. It is quick to cook, with a protein content equal to that of meat.
Add your private note
Soya Chunks Curry recipe - How to make Soya Chunks Curry
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 to 5 servings
- Boil water in a pan with little salt. Add soya chunks and switch off the
- Flame and keep it in the water for 5 minutes.
- Drain the water and wash the soya chunks with normal water and squeeze out
- The water completely.
- You may cut it into half if you like and keep it aside.
- For the gravy
- Heat 1/2 tsp oil in a pan and add coriander seeds, jeera seeds, fennel
- Seeds, red chillies and saute well. Make sure you turn off the heat before
- The chillies gets burnt. Remove from pan.
- In the same pan, saute the 1 and 1/2 chopped onions until it slightly
- Turns brown.
- Add tomatoes and cook until it gets mushy.
- Add grated coconut and turn off the flame immediately. Allow it to cool.
- Grind both together into a smooth paste and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. When it starts to crackle add tge remaining onions, curry leaves and saute it.
- Add soya chunks.
- Add the grounded paste and saute it for a couple of minutes.
- Add tamarind paste, 1 and 1/2 cup of water and salt to taste.
- Cook in a slow flame until it thickens.
- Garnish with corriander leaves.
- It can be served with roti, dosa and rice.
This recipe was contributed by Lakshmi P on 11 Jun 2014
Know more about this member, Click Here
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.