Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 28617 times
Soya burgers is an easy and healthy snack recipe which can be infact even enjoyed as mini meal. The soya chunks and potatoes based patties or cutlets are deep fried and then served with hamburger buns with grated cheese, tomato slices and lettuce as filling. Enjoy with sauce as breakfast, snack or tiffin.
- Boil nuggets in hot water for 5 minutes until they are soft and fluffy.
- Squeeze out all the water from the nuggets (use a press if necessary)
- In a food processor, add all the ingredients except potatoes and chickpea flour. blend to a grainy consistency.
- In a large bowl, mix the blended ingredients with the mashed potatoes to form a smooth, pliable mixture.
- Divide the mixture into 6 portions.
- Shape them into burgers.
- Place the burgers in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Make a batter out of chickpea flour, turmeric and water.
- Dip each burger into the chickpea batter and fry in a shallow saucepan.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve the burgers in a hamburger bun, top it with maggi masala chilli sauce, then lettuce and onion and tomato slices
This recipe was contributed by rsalvi on 03 Apr 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.