Added to 14 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 26472 times
Soya biryani is a protein rich biryani recipe with the soya chunks cooked and then added to rice along with whole spices and garam masala powder.
- Wash and soak rice in water for 20 mins.
- Soak the soya chunks in water for 20 minutes, drain and squeeze the excess water.
- Heat oil in a kadai and deep fry the sliced onions.
- When they turn light brown, add cashewnuts and deep fry till onions are dark brown.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Heat oil and ghee in a vessel and add the cumin seeds, cloves, cinnamon, cardamom and bay leaves.
- When the seeds crackle, add the chopped onions and saute till golden brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and saute for a minute.
- Add tomatoes, salt and green chillies, mix well and cook for 2 mins.
- Add coriander-cumin seeds powder, turmeric, salt, red chilli powder, mix well and saute till oil separates.
- Add soya chunks and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add rice and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, 2 cups of water and mint leaves, mix well and bring it to boil.
- Cover and cook on slow flame till the rice is cooked.
- Garnish it with fried onions and cashewnuts and serve hot with raitha.
This recipe was contributed by seema203 on 26 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.