by Tarla Dalal
Added to 163 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 53663 times
Can you even imagine the usually bland soya granules in such an interesting form? Be prepared to be surprised! Garlic paste adds its unique flavour to the dish, as do the well-chosen combination of spices. Spice lovers can add more zing to this subzi by adding ginger-green chilli paste. I made it using only 2 teaspoons of oil to tighten the calorie count! For a variation, replace granules with grated tofu. This subzi is a protein and calcium booster for growing bones; so make sure you give it to your child, by stuffing it into chapattis or as a sandwich filling, along with tomato ketchup!
- Heat the soya oil in a non-stick kadhai, add the onions and sauté till they turn light brown in colour.
- Add the garlic paste and sauté for a while.
- Add the tomatoes and 2 tablespoons of water and cook for 10 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, garam masala and salt and mix well.
- Cook for another 5 minutes while stirring continuously. Sprinkle a little water to prevent the masalas from burning.
- Add the soya granules and lemon juice, mix well and cook for another 5 to 7 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.