Soya Bhurji ( Pressure Cooker )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 22 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 27476 times
Soya bhurji, enjoy this mouth-watering delicacy, brimming with goodness of soya. Pressure cooking does not require soaking soya granules as it gets cooked with other ingredients. Do not open the lid immediately let it stand for a while so that the granules soak up excess water if any.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker, add the onions and garlic, mix well and sauté on a medium flame till they turn translucent.
- Add the tomatoes, turmeric powder, chilli powder and garam masala, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for another 2 minutes.
- Add the soya granules, salt and 1 cup of warm water, mix well and cook on a high flame for 2 whistles. Allow the steam to escape using natural release method, (refer handy tip) before opening the lid.
- Add the coriander, lemon juice and mix well. Serve hot garnished with onion rings and mint sprig.
- Natural release method: to use this method, remove the pressure cooker from the hot burner and let the pressure drop by cooling down naturally. It works best for grains and for beans that you might use for salads, as quick-releasing the pressure can cause the beans to split apart.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||207 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||9.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||6.6 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.