Soya Bhurji ( Pressure Cooker)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 24 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 28695 times
Soya bhurji, enjoy this mouth-watering delicacy, brimming with goodness of soya.
Pressure cooking does not require soaking soya granules as it gets cooked with other ingredients. Do not open the lid immediately let it stand for a while so that the granules soak up excess water if any.
It is an easy to make recipe and a very good option for vegetarians to increase their protein intake.
Also do try other healthy soya subzis like Chana Soya Masala or Shahi Soya Subzi
- To make soya bhurji recipe in a pressure cooker, heat the oil in a pressure cooker, add the finely chopped garlic, finely chopped ginger and finely chopped onions, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder, chilli powder and garam masala, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for another 2 minutes.
- Add the soya granules, salt and 1 cup of warm water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 whistles. This should take around 10 minutes. Allow the steam to escape using natural release method, (refer handy tip) before opening the lid.
- Add the finely chopped coriander and mix well.
- Serve soya bhurji hot garnished with onion rings and mint sprig with roti or paratha and a lip- smacking cabbage, carrot and lettuce salad for a wholesome lunch or dinner.
- You can also serve soya bhurji along with dal and chapatti for a weekday meal. To add extra nutrition, add a bowl of curd/glass of buttermilk and sprouted moong salad to your meal.
- Natural release method: to use this method, remove the pressure cooker from the hot burner and let the pressure drop by cooling down naturally. It works best for grains and for beans that you might use for salads, as quick-releasing the pressure can cause the beans to split apart.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.