Soya Bhurji ( Eat Well Stay Well Recipes )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 58 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 191159 times
Soya bhurji, soya served in a different style. Garlic paste adds its flavour and enhances the taste of the otherwise bland nutrela. This subzi is a protein-rich potion; protein is required for the growth and maintenance of immune cells whereas iron builds up hemoglobin. I have made it in only 2 tsp oil to save on calories. For a variation, replace granules with grated tofu.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai, add onions and garlic paste and sauté till they turn light brown in colour.
- Add the tomatoes and 2 tbsp of water and cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, garam masala, and salt and mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 5 minutes while stirring continuously, sprinkle little water to prevent the masalas from burning.
- Add the green peas , add the soya granules and lemon juice, mix well and cook for another 5 to 7 minutes. Serve hot garnished with coriander.
- To make ¾ cup of soaked soya granules soak 1/3 cup of soya granules in ¾ cup of warm water for 10 to 12 minutes. Squeeze thoroughly and use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.