Soya Bean Tikki Or Patty
by Desi Mejwani
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3793 times
This recipe is mainly made of soya bean and used very little potato mixture to balance the taste. For variations in flavor, you can add green peas, sweet corn and chopped carrot and turn it as vegetable tikki.
- Heat the oil in a pan add the fennel seeds and garlic and fry for 1 min.
- Then add onion and fry till it turns to pink and then add besan, mix well with onion and stir fry for a minute.
- Add the boiled mashed potato, chilli powder, hing, garam masala powder, sugar, salt, coriander and sugar mix them nicely and sauté them for 2 mins.
- Add the boiled soya beans and mix them well in low flame for a minute and then switch off the gas. Let them cool for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Divide the mixture into equal portions and rolls them as a ball and give shape like patty/tikki (there is no need of any flour for dusting)
- Heat a non stick tawa/griddle drizzle 2 teaspoons of oil once the griddle is hot enough, place 4 to 5 patties and roast until bottom surface turn golden brown and flip each tikki and roast till turns to golden brown.
- Follow the same process for all the remaining patties.
- Serve hot with mint chutney or tomato sauce.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
This recipe was contributed by Desi Mejwani on 25 Nov 2014Desi Mejwani is a food blog dedicated to vegetarian Indian quick and easy everyday recipes and some ...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.