Soy Milk Vegetable Pulao
by Shailaja Reddy
This recipe has been viewed 2628 times
Soy milk vegetable pulao, rice cooked in soya milk with vegetables, tofu and mild spices that complement the rice is nutrient rich and good for health.
- Wash and soak the rice in water for about 30 minutes.
- In a broad pan add the ghee and roast the cashewnuts. Remove them and keep aside.
- In the same pan add oil, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and bay leaves and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the onions and saute till translucent.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and saute to remove the raw smell.
- Add the chopped vegetables, green chillies and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the soy milk, water and bring to a boil.
- Add the rice, salt add mint leaves and cover and cook over a medium flame. When the rice is cooked add lemon juice and mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with raita.
This recipe was contributed by Shailaja Reddy on 24 Dec 2013
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.