Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13497 times
Add nutrition and taste in your breakfast fare by preparing the soft and spongy Soy idly. The Soyabeans are great source of proteins and phytoestrogens and this recipe is an easy way of adding soya into your diet.
- Drain the soy well.
- Add very little water and grind the soaked soy dal in the mixer grinder.
- One should feel the texture of the dal.
- It should not become a very fine past.
- Grind the moong dal also similarly.
- Mix the two .
- Add salt to tast.
- Set it aside to ferment in a warm and dark place for 3 hrs.
- Take the idly cooker.
- Grease each plate of idly stand with cooking oil.
- Pour water in the cooker and keep on flame.
- Add one pkt of eno fruit salt or a tsp of eno(unflavoured) to the batter, mix it well throughly and quickely.
- Pour into the idly maker with a tbsp. one tbsp for each slot.
- Keep in the dily cooker the stand and keep the flame in high.
- Steam the idlys for 10 to 12 mints.
- Makes 18 to 22 midium sized idly full of the benifits of soy.
This recipe was contributed by sumukha on 09 Nov 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.