by Palak Rajput
Added to 12 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4101 times
Southy Fritters, a South Indian's main ingredients use make a fried dumplings. It is best served with coconut chutney.
- Soak the urad dal in water for 3 hours.
- Soak idli rawa in water for 10 minutes.
- Grind the urad dal into smooth paste adding little water. Transfer the mixture in a bowl.
- Squeeze off the excess water from idli rawa and mix it to ground urad dal paste.
- Add the curry leaves, green chillies, coriander, cumin seeds and salt, mix well.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan on medium flame.
- Scoop a small ball sized of the batter and slowly drop in hot oil.
- Once the fritters are brown from all the sides, remove on absorbent paper.
- Repeat the same with remaining batter to make more fritters.
- Serve hot with any chutney of your choice.
This recipe was contributed by Palak Rajput on 19 Feb 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.