Southall Tika Masala
Added to 12 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5598 times
always put in last as it can burn
only use a small amount of haldi as too much can make a dish taste bitter
try using food coloring instead of haldi esp in rice dishes.
to prevent the base from sticking to the bottom of the pot place a bowel of water on top of cooking pot
Add your private note
Southall Tika Masala recipe - How to make Southall Tika Masala
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time: 50 min approx Total Time:
- Heat veg oil in pan
- Dice onions and throw in when oil is hot
- Allow onions to caramalise, this could take up to 15 min, do not burn, and this forms the basis of any currie dish.
- When onion is caramalised put in haldi.
- Throw in chopped tomatoes and leave until oil floats to top on medium heat.
- Then put in spices except the garam masala which will go in at the last, garam means burn.
- Allow the spices to cook on medium heat for 15-20 min.
- When done throw in chicken and leave to cook in base for 20 min, chicken breast will cook in approx 15 min.
- When chicken is done, throw in chopped corriander leaf and put in garam masala turn off heat and leave to stand for approx 5 min before serving.
- Serve with plain boiled rice and nan bread
This recipe was contributed by lonergan2468 on 30 Dec 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.