South Indian Brinjal Sambhar
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7119 times
Brinjal sambhar is a traditional south indian recipe with roasted or boiled brinjals mashed and then cooked with onion, tamarind pulp and ground coconut paste.
- Boil the brinjals with a pinch of turmeric, green chillies, and tomatoes in a deep pan, till they turn soft.
- Drain the excess water and mash the brinjal nicely.
- Add the salt, tamarind pulp and coconut, mix well and simmer till the mixture becomes thick,
- Remove form the flame and keep aside.
- For the tempering, heat the oil in a small pan and add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves and dry chillies and saute till the seeds crackle.
- Pour this tempering on the brinjals and mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by Pearlie on 19 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.