South Indian Akkaravadisal
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7181 times
Akkaravadisal is a semi solid sweet dish recipe, traditional to southern states of india. The moong dhal, jaggery and milk are cooked in ghee and then served decorated with chopped nuts and cardamom powder.
- Warm the saffron, crush and combine with cardamom powder and keep aside.
- Roast the moong dal lightly, combine with the rice and soak in enough water for 30 minutes.
- Strain and keep aside.
- Put the milk in a deep microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 10 minutes.
- Add the strained rice-dhal mixture and mix well and microwave at 70% for 25 minutes, stirring frequently and thoroughly in between.
- Remove, mash very lightly with a ladle or a handblender for just a few seconds and add the jaggery and sugar and mix well.
- Microwave at 40% for 10 minutes and add the cardamom powder and saffron. Keep aside.
- In another small microwave safe bowl, put the ghee, cashewnuts and raisins and microwave at 70% for 5 minutes, stirring once in between.
- Add to the above mixture and mix well.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by chitvish on 11 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.