This recipe has been viewed 4979 times
1. you can make vegetable dhoklas by adding finely chopped carrots, french beans and peas to the batter before steaming.
- Wipe the rice and urad dal with a wet cloth, mix and dry grind coarsely (like semolina). alternatively, soak the rice and urad dal overnight in plenty of water and grind in a mixture the next day.
- Add the sour curds and hot water and make into a thick paste.
- Allow to ferment for at least 6 to 7 hours.
- Add the soda bi-carb, oil, asafoetida, green chilli-ginger paste and salt and mix well.
- Apply a little oil to a metal thali ( flat metal with low rim). pour enough batter so as to fill half the height of the thali. this should ordinary be about 1/2 teacup for a small thali.
- Sprinkle a little ground pepper on top.
- Steam for about 10 minutes.
- Repeat with the rest of the batter.
- Cut into pieces and serve with oil and green chutney.
This recipe was contributed by sumagandlur on 27 Dec 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.