by Dhara Mehta
This recipe has been viewed 27457 times
A healthy twist to normal mava laden gujiyas.Sooji acts as a good substitute for mava and its taste will not be compromised at all .Its great for all those who are not able to digest mava easily or are allergic to it .
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and knead to form soft and smooth dough.
- Let it rest for 15-20 mins.
- Heat a pan and add ghee to it and roast Sooji on slow flame till it changes color to light pink.
- Transfer it in a plate to cool down.
- When completely cooled add nuts and powdered sugar and cardamom and nutmeg powder.
- Knead the dough well and make equal sized balls so as to make small poori.
- Take a ball and roll out thin poori of it.
- Put a spoonful of stuffing in centre taking care that Sooji doesn't touch the ends of poori.
- Form a semicircle when u seal it.
- Repeat with other balls and stuffing .
- Cover them under moist towel and deep fry them in hot ghee on low flame till the color changes to light pink.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Dhara Mehta on 23 Oct 2014
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.