Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 2188 times
Solkadhi or Kokam Kadhi is a refreshing digestive drink prepared in the coastal regions of Maharashtra and Goa. It is anti-inflammatory and is a great remedy for acidity. The drink must be served cold.
- Heat the ghee in a kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves and saute for 10 seconds.
- Add the green chillies and garlic and saute till it turns golden brown.
- Add the coconut milk, mix well and bring to boil.
- Add the kokum syrup, mix well till everything is dissolved.
- Add salt and don't allow the mixture to boil.
- When it is hot enough and turns pink turn off the flame.
- Let it cool down and then refrigerate for a minimum of 2-3 hours.
- While serving strain it and serve.
This recipe was contributed by Dip's Diner on 05 May 2014
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.