Sole Kadhi Cocum Saar
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10547 times
You can even omit the tadka if u do not want any oil in it.
this saar reduces acidity & increases appetite.
u can drink it or mix with rice & eat it.
as it is used as a remedy for acidity do not add green chilli.
if u want to use it as an appetizer then grind one chilly along with garlic clove.
- Soak cocum in 1 cup hot water for 1 /2 an hour.
- Then crush the cocum in slightly with your hand,the water will turn red.
- strain the colored liquid.
- Add 3 to 4 glass of water,salt & sugar.
- Stir well till sugar dissalves.
- Now give tadka of cumin seeds & hing to this liquid but do not boil it.
- Garnish with fresh coriander.
- If u like u can add thin coconut milk instead of water but then add 1 or 2 cloves of garlic while extracting coconut juice.[grind half grated fresh coconut using little water & extract juice& strain,repeat the proces with adding more water to the grind coconut thrice].
- no need of adding sugar as coconut milk is sweetish in taste.
This recipe was contributed by charusheela on 21 May 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.