Sojana Data Posto, Dry Drumstick and Poppy Seeds Subzi
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5339 times
Posto is one of the classic dishes from Bengali cuisine, which is sure to make you wipe off your portion in a jiffy and gleefully lick your fingers too! Poppy seed is the characteristic ingredient of this famous subzi, and all other variants of Posto.
Here, we have made the Posto with fibre-rich drumsticks. The rich flavour and aroma of drumsticks works beautifully with the poppy seeds to give you a mouth-watering subzi.
Made with minimal oil, the Sojana Data Posto is ideal for those with high cholesterol. Enjoy it immediately after cooking because it tends to become dry after a while.
Also try other Bengali subzis like the Bati Chorchori and the Mulor Ghanto .
- Combine the poppy seeds and ¼ cup of water in a small bowl and allow it to soak for 15 minutes. Transfer it to a mixer (along with the water) and blend till smooth. Keep the paste aside.
- Boil enough water and salt in a deep non-stick pan, add the drumsticks and cook on a medium flame for 8 to 10 minutes or till they are soft. Drain well and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the mustard seeds, red chillies and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 3 minutes.
- Add the poppy seed paste and sauté on a medium flame for a minute.
- Add the chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and 2 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the cooked drumstick and ¼ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.