Soft Great Instant Idlis
Added to 43 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21817 times
No need to presoak the dals or keep the batter aside for fermentation while preparing the soft great instant idlis. Simply mix together the urad dal flour with idli rava and steam the idlis. Relish the hot and spongy instant idlis with coconut chutney.
- Combine the urad dal flour and rice semolina and mix well.
- Add a pinch salt and enough water, mix well and keep it in a warm place for about 30 minutes.
- Grease the idli moulds and keep aside.
- Add a tsp of fruit salt to the batter and mix gently.
- Pour spoonfuls of batter in the idli moulds and steam in an idli steamer for 10-15 minutes.
- Soft great idlis are ready to serve.
This recipe was contributed by devulapalli_madhu on 10 Jun 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.