Soft Chewy Pretzels
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 1929 times
These pretzels taste best when eaten on the day they are made. if you are going to store them, they may be wrapped in foil and reheated in the oven at 325 degrees.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and prepare 2 sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Combine the water, yeast and honey in a small bowl and let stand for five minutes, until yeast is dissolved and has proofed (you''ll notice tiny bubbles forming on the top of the water). in a large bowl, combine flour and salt. add the water/yeast mixture to the flour slowly and stir until a dough begins to form.
- Turn the dough out onto a clean work surface and knead for 5-7 minutes or until the dough is smooth and elastic. divide the dough into 4 and then divide each of the smaller pieces into 4. you should have now 16 pieces! roll each piece into a “snake” and form into different shapes. you could try a classic pretzel shape, a knot, a letter or an animal
- With a pastry brush, lightly apply the beaten egg to the pretzels (not so much that the egg drips down the sides). this will make them shiny and golden when baked.
- Bake a 425 degrees for 17-20 minutes, or until pretzels are golden brown.
This recipe was contributed by kuch_nahi on 13 Jun 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.