Smoked Potatoes Frittata
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 2289 times
Frittata is similar to our handvo. It is traditional western egg based variety. Here an humble attempt is made to make it in simple vegetarian way using batter instead of eggs.
Add your private note
Smoked Potatoes Frittata recipe - How to make Smoked Potatoes Frittata
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- For dum process - take the boiled potatoe pieces in a bowl. Take few coal pieces and light them up well in an open flame. Keep the coal pieces onto the potatoes. Pour oil on to it. Smoke will raise. Cover them with lid. The smoke will get infused into potatoes.
- Keep it covered for 10 minutes. Potatoes should get strong smoke flavour.
- For fritatta -
- Heat pan. Keep it on slow. Add oilve oil. Spread the above smoked potatoe pieces evenly. Sprinkle the seasonings and parsley. Pour the batter on to it. Sprinkle some more parsley cover and cook it for 5 minutes.
- The mixture will get set all over bottom and top. Now turn its upside down and cook for few minutes again.
- It will be lightly brown and crisp. Yet soft and spongy.
- Serve it warm and fresh with peanut coriander chutney. And masala tea.
- Garnish it with spring onions and cheese while serving. Cut into wedges and serve.
This recipe was contributed by damyantiben on 04 Sep 2012
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.