Smoked Cottage Cheese Patties with Curry Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 497 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15801 times
Smoked cottage cheese patties topped with a fiery red curry sauce.
- Mix all the ingredients except the oil in a bowl.
- To smoke the mixture, put a piece of charcoal on the gas.
- When the charcoal turns red, carefully put it in a katori (small bowl).
- Place this katori inside the bowl containing the patties mixture.
- Pour 1 teaspoon of oil on the charcoal.
- Cover the bowl with a lid. Allow the mixture to be smoked for 3 minutes and take out the charcoal katori.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and shape the portions into 100 mm. (4") diameter patties.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan and shallow fry the patties on both sides till golden brown.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan, add 2 teapsoons of the red curry paste and fry for a few minutes.
- Add the coconut cream and salt and cook till the sauce thickens.
- Strain through a sieve and keep aside.
- Place each patty in an individual serving plate.
- Reheat the curry sauce and pour some of it on each patty.
- Serve hot
- You can also make small koftas of the patties mixture, deep fry them and serve in the curry sauce.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.