Smoked Tomato Chutney
by flying chef
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9108 times
This Smoked tomato chutney recipe presents a nice twist to the traditional tomato chutney recipe and is prepared from smoked tomatoes and garlic as ingredient. The smoky flavour adds to the zing of this otherwise sweet and spicy chutney recipe.
Add your private note
Smoked Tomato Chutney recipe - How to make Smoked Tomato Chutney
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
1 hours 30 minutes
- Wash the tomatoes and cut in halves.
- Grind them with garlic, corriander leaves,and chillies.add 1 cup of water to make smooth.
- Take out in a pan ,add salt and vinegar.
- Cook on a gentle heat until all the water has evaporated and the chutney thick[cooking will also help to keep the chutney fresh for long time.]
- Remove from fire and transfer in a big bowl, let it cool for 15 mins.
- Pour the oil in the middle of the chutney and place the burning charcoal on it.
- Close it immediately with the tight fitting lid so that the smoke doesnt escape from the side.
- Open to check after 30 mins, if there is smoke then close it back ,until all the smoke has disappeared.
- Remove the charcoal and mix it with spoon.
- Fill it in a bottle when cool.refrigerate
- This chutney goes very well with roasted chicken,fried cassava, french fries,besan bhajias, etc.
This recipe was contributed by flying chef on 13 Feb 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.