Slightly Spicy Corn Chowder
This recipe has been viewed 1371 times
The cream in this corn chowder is a nice contrast to the slight spiciness.
Add your private note
Slightly Spicy Corn Chowder recipe - How to make Slightly Spicy Corn Chowder
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 6 servings
- Melt the butter and olive oil in a large, heavy pot on a medium flame.
- Add the onions and cook for 12 minutes, or until the onions are translucent.
- Stir in the red pepper flakes, turmeric powder, cumin seeds, salt, pepper, flour, and chopped jalapeno pepper, and cook for 4 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth and potatoes. Bring the mixture to a boil. Simmer the mixture uncovered for 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork.
- Add the corn, cream, and cheese. Cook for another 4 minutes. Serve hot with extra grated cheese on top, if desired.
This recipe was contributed by whittie on 19 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.