Sk's Bermi Poori
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12943 times
Bermi Puri or bedmi poori is a popular Rajasthani recipe which is relished in Rajasthani households with potato curry or pickle. The bermi puri is prepared by mixing plain dough with dals and spices and then deep fried. Learn how to make/prepare Bedmi Poori by following this easy recipe
- Clean, wash and soak the split green dal overnight.
- Next day grind dal together with sliced spring onions to a fine paste, add chili powder, salt and cumin seeds and grind again for 1-2 mins.
- Sift the flour and add all the ground ingredients and mix well, adding very little water to make a stiff dough.
- Knead well for 10 mins. until you have a smooth non-sticky dough.
- Divide this dough into 15 balls and roll out each ball into a 4" disc and a little thicker than the usual puris.
- Heat oil in a pan till smoking hot, lift one puri and lay it on the hot oil surface and it will rise within seconds and begin to sizzle.
- Gently press the center of the puri down in the oil as this will help the puri to puff up.
- Once done remove the puris and place on a kitchen paper to drain the excess oil and to keep hot.
This recipe was contributed by bhuvanaygsr on 29 Apr 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.