Singhara ki Barfi
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10928 times
Quick and easy singhara ki burfi recipe at tarladalal.com. The burfi is cooked with roasted water chestnut flour or singhare ka atta, condensed milk, sugar and crushed dry fruits. A special dessert for festivals and parties.
Add your private note
Singhara ki Barfi recipe - How to make Singhara ki Barfi
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Stir-fry atta in ghee in a heavy pan, over low flame, to a light pink.
- Transfer immediately to another vessel.
- Stir-fry the khoya in in pan till it becomes of uniform consistency and looks a bit fried.
- Mix the atta and elaichi and leave to cool.
- Make syrup with water and sugar, till syrup forms a soft ball on dropping into a plate of cold water.
- Remove pan from flame.
- Mix immediately into cooled khoya mixture, stirring vigorously and quickly, to blend well.
- Transfer onto greased plate, pat to level and leave to cool.
- When cool and set, cut into pieces, using a sharp knife.
- Arrange on a serving dish and serve.
This recipe was contributed by pikiu on 25 Oct 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.