Singhara Flour Halwa
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18759 times
A farali dessert item, the Singhaade flour halwa is prepared from roasted singhara or water chestnut flour which is cooked with sugar and ghee. Relish the halwa with chopped nuts as garnish.
- Heat the ghee in a flat bottom pan and then add the singhara flour and roast it till it changes colour and the smell starts coming.
- Boil the water side by side in another pan.
- Now when singhara flour is roasted turn off the gas and add water slowly so that no lump is formed.
- Now when water starts boiling and mixture becomes somewhat thick
- Add sugar and heat till sugar dissolves and mixture start leaving side of karahi.
- Add illaichi powder and shut off the gas
- Garnish with almonds and pista and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by kirti_aries on 24 Oct 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.