by Tarla Dalal
Added to 25 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18439 times
A bowlful of this kadhi along with steaming hot rice is just right for a wholesome Sunday lunch.
- Boil 2 cups of water in a pan, add the cluster beans, potatoes and carrots and cook till they are tender. Keep aside, retaining the water.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds and fenugreek seeds.
- When they crackle add the asafoetida and fry for a few seconds.
- Add the besan and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes over a medium flame till it is golden brown.
- Add 4 cups of water and bring to boil.
- Add the green chillies, ginger, curry leaves, turmeric powder, chilli powder, tamarind pulp, ladies finger, all the cooked vegetables and salt.
- Bring to boil and simmer till the ladies finger is cooked.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.