Sindhi Kadhi ( Kadhai and Tava Cooking Delights)
by Tarla Dalal
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Sindhi Kadhi ( Kadhai and Tava Cooking Delights) in Hindi)
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6437 times
Sindhi kadhi showcases a tasty combination of vegetables like drumsticks, ladies finger and carrot in tamarind-flavoured gravy perked up with a wide range of spices and powders. It is indeed a delightful preparation that is sure to satiate your taste buds and your tummy!
- Boil 2 cups of water in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the carrots, potatoes and drumsticks and cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes or till the vegetables are soft. Do not drain and keep aside.
- Heat ½ tbsp of oil in another deep non-stick kadhai, add the ladies finger and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes. Keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 3 tbsp of oil in the same deep non-stick kadhai, add the mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, curry leaves and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the besan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes or till it turns light brown in colour.
- Add the turmeric powder, ½ cup of water and keep mixing well till no lumps remain.
- Add the cooked vegetables along with the water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the chilli powder, salt, tamarind pulp and sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the coriander and ladies finger, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.