Sindhi Kadhi ( Jain Desi Khana)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 41 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25711 times
Sindhi kadhi showcases a rare combination of vegetables like corn, cluster beans, drumsticks, ladies finger and bottle gourd in a tamarind-flavoured gravy perked up with a wide range of spices and powders. It is indeed a delightful preparation that is sure to satiate your taste buds and your tummy!
- Boil the cluster beans, corn, white pumpkin and drumsticks in 2 cups of water till they are tender. Keep aside. Do nit discard half the water.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds and fenugreek seeds. When they crackle add the asafoetida.
- Add the besan and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes over a medium flame till it is golden brown stirring continuously.
- Add the ladies finger and mix well. Add 2 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Add the green chillies, dry ginger powder, curry leaves, turmeric powder, chilli powder, tamarind pulp and all the cooked vegetables and salt and bring to a boil. Simmer till the ladies finger is cooked.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||142.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||10.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||35.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.