Sindhi Dal Kadhi
by Roshan Parvani
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8289 times
Sindhi kadhi is a treat in every sindhi household on sundays. This kadhi is made with toovar dal and is a delightful variation of the ever popular sindhi kadhi. This kadhi is traditionally served with white rice and fried potatoes.
- Wash and soak the toovar dal for 30 minutes and pressure cook with 2 cups of water and turmeric powder for 3 whistles.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and add the cumin seeds and asafoetida.
- When the seeds crackle, add besan and saute till it turns golden brown.
- Add red chilli powder, green chillies and ginger and saute for few seconds.
- Add the boiled and lightly churned toovar dal, tomato puree, vegetables, curry leaves and salt, mix well and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Partially cover and simmer the kadhi till the vegetables are almost cooked.
- Add the tamarind paste and simmer for more few minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander leaves.
This recipe was contributed by Roshan Parvani on 06 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.