Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3107 times
Addition of Dosa batter gives a nice texture to the paste. if you do not have it , omit .
- Wash the chillies, slit them lengthwise &deseed them.
- Soak in thin tamarind + salt water for 30 mts.
- Then boil in the same water & as soon as the water boils, remove the chillies & drain them well & reserve the water.
- Make a lose paste of besan, ¼ cup dosa dough (optional ), chilli powder, dhaniya powder,hing , a little oil & salt with water.
- Keep the batter for 30 mts.
- Dip chillies in this paste & deep fry in hot oil.
- Keep these chilli pakoras aside.
- Give a boil to the dates in a part of the reserved water , add jaggery , roasted dhaniya – jeera pdr & grind to a thick chutney.
- Make a sauce adding the remaining strained water.
- Cut chilli pakoras into 2” pieces & put in this mixture.
- Chop onions & coriander leaves fine & add half to the above.
- Decorate with the remaining onions &coriander leaves & leave the dish in the fridge to chill
This recipe was contributed by chitvish on 23 May 2005
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.