Simple Tasty Baingan Bharta
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 12870 times
A spicy eggplant or brinjal baigan) bharta recipe with roasted brinjals mashed and cooked with onion, tomato and ginger-garlic paste. The baigan bharta recipe is just rightly spiced to suit all palates. A simple yet unique variation to a typical brinjal preparation.
- Place the brinjal in pan, cover with foil and bake in a pre-heated oven at 275 degrees c for 20-30 minutes or until eggplant is soft.
- Cool, peel and chop coarsely and keep aside.
- Combine the onion, ginger, and garlic and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the pureed mixture and turmeric, mix well and saute for 5 minutes or till the mixture turnd brown.
- Add the green chili and 1 tbsp coriander, mix well and saute for more 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the brinjal and cook on a medium flame for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the salt, lemon juice, coriander and cumin seeds, mix well and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by deepaen on 16 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.