Simple Spinach Curry
by Amarendra Mulye
This recipe has been viewed 1185 times
This is indeed a very simple yet tasty version of traditional Spinach curry (called as Palakachi Patal Bhaji in marathi). In traditional spinach curry goda masala, tamarind pulp, jaggery etc. are used to make it more chatpati. However, this curry with less ingredients also tastes equally good.
Add your private note
Simple Spinach Curry recipe - How to make Simple Spinach Curry
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 serving
- Soak peanuts overnight.
- Pressure cook chopped spinach and peanuts together with enough water till soft.
- Add water to besan to form a paste and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the fenugreek seeds, asafoetida, mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- When the seeds crackle, add the cooked spinach and peanuts.
- Mash spinach and peanuts together and add the chilli powder and turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add the besan paste to the mixture and add salt and mix well.
- If required add some water to adjust the consistency, and cook for 10 minutes
- Serve hot with roti or rice.
This recipe was contributed by Amarendra Mulye on 20 Aug 2014I am complete foodie and love to indulge into variety of food items. I love trying out and learning ...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.