Simple Potato Stew
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8501 times
1) this goes very well with chapathis, rotis, parathas and puttu
2) if you don't have coconut milk, you may grind grated coconut(of half a coconut) and pepper and use instead.
3) by substituting potatoes with tapioca pieces, you can make delicious "tapioca stew"
try this one and let me know whether you liked it..
- Boil, remove skin and cut the potatoes into cubes
- Cut the onions into thin slices
- Slit the green chillies
- Boil the cooked potatoes with onions, green chillies,pepper,enough salt and water, for 10 minutes.
- When cooked, add the coconut milk and allow to boil for 3-4 minutes
- Now, add the coconut oil and curry leaves plainly into the stew
- The simple potato stew is now ready !!
This recipe was contributed by keralacook on 11 Apr 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.