Simple Coconut Burfi
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 85830 times
Simple coconut barfi is a traditional sweet barfi recipe of dessicated coconut powder mixed with milk and sugar. The coconut powder are mixed with sugar and ghee and blended together in the barfis. Simple coconut barfi is a tasty and healthy barfi( square or rectangular sweet cake) recipe.
- Heat ghee in a thick-bottomed broad pan.
- Add grated coconut to the heated ghee.
- Now add sugar and mix well. cook stirring continuously on a medium flame till the mixture becomes thick and starts leaving the edges.
- add cardamom powder to this mixture and mix well.
- Grease a flat surface with ghee and turn over the coconut mixture on it.
- Spread it evenly on the plate.
- Leave it aside to set completely and then cut it into pieces of desired shape.
This recipe was contributed by pippallashilpa on 04 Jan 2007
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.