Simple Aloo Curry In Curd
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12659 times
Simple aloo curry in curd or dahi wale aloo is a simple traditional aloo recipe which is quite common in Indian households. Typically served with pooris or Parathas, this aloo curry has a tangy, spicy and irrestible taste with mild spices.
- Peel, wash and cut potatoes into 1 inch pieces, add ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, red chilly powder, dhania powder, garam masala powder, salt, jeera powder, 1/4 cup chopped coriander
- Mix well and let the masalas coat the potatoes, keep a side for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a kadai. add cumin and mustard seeds when it starts crackling add curry leaves and the potatoes keep fry and sauting it ocassionally when potatoes are 3/4 done
- Add curds and mix well and let it cook for 4 to 5 minutes till the potatoes are cooked.
- (note: if little gravy is desired add half cup of water.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve with parathas or rice.
This recipe was contributed by mili25 on 24 Apr 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.