Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9236 times
Shrikhand presents a popular Gujarati dessert recipe with hung curd. The hung curd is sweetened with sugar and then flavoured with mango puree or chopped nuts and elaichi. A perfect party special recipe of Shrikhand to be traditionally enjoyed with puris.
- Hang the curds in a muslin cloth in a cool place for about 3 hours, until the whey has drained off.
- Rub saffron into the warm milk until it dissolves.
- Mix together the hung curds, sugar, saffron mixture and cardamom in a bowl and churn using a hand blender.
- Place in the refrigerator.
- Garnish and serve cold either as dessert or with puris.
This recipe was contributed by Moongirl 999 on 17 Nov 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.