Shrikhand ( Gujarati Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 49 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 58176 times
Shrikhand is a magical transformation of simple curds into a delicacy, by a simple procedure. It involves no cooking and is a standard feature of sunday meals, festive menus as well as faraal foods! things get even easier as it can be made in advance and stored in the freezer for close to 15 days. Use fresh curds for best results.
- Hang the curds in a muslin cloth in a cool place for approx. 3 hours until all the liquid (whey) has drained off.
- Combine the hung curds, sugar, saffron mixture and cardamom powder in a bowl and churn using a hand blender till the mixture becomes smooth.
- Serve chilled, garnished with almond and pistachio slivers.
- Strawberry shrikhand
- Add 1 cup of sliced strawberries instead of the saffron and cardamom powder at step 2.
- Adjust the sugar according to the sweetness of the strawberries.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.