by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 42 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 89112 times
Everyday biscuits with the taste of lemon.
- Sieve the flour.
- Cream the margarine and sugar very well until light and creamy.
- Beat the egg and lemon rind. If you like, add 1/4 teaspoon of lemon essence.
- Add the sieved flour. If required, add a little milk to make a dough.
- Turn the mixture on to a floured board. Knead until smooth.
- Roll out thinly. Prick all over with a fork. Stamp into rounds.
- Place the biscuits on a greased baking tin.
- Bake in a moderate oven at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes.
- VARIATION 1 : SHREWSBURY SANDWICH
- Stamp half the mixture into round biscuits and an equal number with about 20 or 25 mm. (3/4" or 1") hole in the middle to make a ring.
- When a quite cold, spread the biscuits with jam and stick a ring on each. Dredge with icing sugar then fill the hole with jam or lemon curd.
- VARIATION 2 : TRAFFIC LIGHT BISCUITS
- Cut biscuits into fingers about 75 mm. x 25 mm. (3" x 1"). Stamp out 3 circles in half the number. Sandwich together with jam.
- Dredge with icing sugar, then fill the 3 holes with red, yellow and green coloured jam.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.