Shortcrust Pastry (PVC)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 80 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 26544 times
- Sieve the flour and salt together.
- Cut the margarine with a knife. Rub into the flour with finger - tips.
- Gradually and enough ice - cold water ( approx. 2 to 3 tablespoon ) to make the dough into a rolling consistency.
- Lightly flour the rolling pin and the pastry board.
- Roll the pasrty to required thickness and shape, lifting and turning to keep it light.
- As a general rule, pastry should be baked in a hot oven at 450 F., but exact baking times and temperatures are given in individual recipes.
- VARIATIONS : RICH SHORTCRUST PASTRY
- Use the recipe for shortcrust pastry using (140 grams) in place of 115 grams margarine or butter.
- SWEET SHORTCRUST PASTRY
- Use the recipe for shortcrust pastry, adding 1 to 2 teaspoons of powdered sugar to the flour.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.