Shimla Mirch Besan ki Sukhi Subzi
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 29 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9371 times
An interesting subzi of besan and capsicum cubes, tempered with cumin seeds and sautéed with a range of spice powders, which add more josh to the naturally flavourful capsicum.
Capsicum has a pleasantly spicy flavour, which is accentuated by the addition of sugar and lemon juice. The roasted besan gives the Shimla Mirch Besan ki Sukhi Subzi a wonderful mouth-feel, rich taste and strong, appetizing aroma.
You will really enjoy having this dry subzi with rice and dal or your favourite Indian bread .
Try other subzi recipes like Subzi Pasanda or Subzi Ka Salan
- Dry roast the besan in small non-stick pan on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the capsicum and salt and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, cumin seeds powder, coriander powder, sugar and lemon juice and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the roasted besan and 1 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||509.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.6 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.7 mg|
|Vitamin C||125.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||36.9 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.