Shev Puri Dahi Batata (spdp)
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17674 times
Sev puri dahi batata (spdp) is a favorite chaat recipe among Western states of India. The papdis are topped with sev, boiled potatoes (batata) and then topped with beaten curd and a range of sweet and spicy chutney and sev.
- Boil potatoes. cut them into small pieces and add red chilly powder, chat masala and salt.
- To tamarind paste, add some jaggery, salt, coriander-jeera powder, kala namaak, red chilly powder.
- Add mint, coriander and green chillies to blender and blend it till smooth.
- Now take the puris (used for chat) and break them somewhat in each plate.
- Add the cut potatoes and onion.
- Add tamarind and green chutney.
- Add sev.
- Add yogurt(blended with some water)
- Sprinkle salt on top if required.
- Your spdp is ready. :)
This recipe was contributed by artik99 on 17 Apr 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.