Shengdane Ani Vatane Chi Bhaji, Maharashtrian Peanut Green Pea Subzi
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 43 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19346 times
A rare combo, peanuts and green peas come together in this tongue-tickling subzi that is sure to steal your heart. The crushed peanuts and boiled green peas are flavoured with a traditional tempering and a paste of coconut and spices, which imparts not only a rich flavour but also a luscious texture to the Shengdane ani Vatane chi Bhaji.
This Maharashtrian Peanut Green Pea Subzi is garnished liberally with coriander to further ramp up the flavour. Enjoy it hot and fresh with rotis or puris .
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the cumin seeds and sauté and on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the dry red chillies and peanuts and sauté on a medium flame for 3 minutes.
- Add the prepared paste, 1 cup of water, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on slow flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the green peas, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||106.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||10.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||3.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||14.1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.